Prev: Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night Next: RE: [FT]FSE Reinforcements

Re: Gothic Thrust - comments and questions

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 18:03:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Gothic Thrust - comments and questions

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Tom McCarthy wrote:
> That's not c). That's d): *FB* dice, but having to equal or beat the
> target's armour rating :-/ And it makes  beam_analysis.xls completely
> out of date :-(

The beam analysis sheet was some measure of analysis for mapping the
BFG battery values to the FT mechanics.  It still is not accurate to
the BFG firepower since the firepower of a set of Class 2 batteries
drops
50% at the 15 cm range band.  BFG is a little more forgiving for
that range boundary.

Unfortunately, the FT mechanic heavily penalizes the Imperial ships
with their 30 cm weapon battery ranges.  Chaos are less affected since
much of their weaponry has 45 cm ranges.  Chaos is at a clear advantage
in the 15-45 cm bands.

> > > Why are all the Eldar Pulser mounts marked with a "2"? If they're
> > >supposed to work just like they do in BFG, shouldn't this be a "3"?
> >
> > I believe the "2" is the range, which I believe is 2 range bands.
>
> OK. Then it needs to inflict 1D6 damage per hit rather than the 1 it
> would using the straight BFG mechanics, no?

Correct.  The Eldar lance has a range of 2 range bands and still has
the special ability of inflicting up to three lance hits on the target.
Each hit will generate 1D6 GT hits to the shields and the hull of the
target.

> OK. A list of the various GT system symbols on the GT page would be
> nice <g>)

Noted.

I also need to put up the SSDs for the various plaenetary defenses and
other installations.

Jon

Prev: Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night Next: RE: [FT]FSE Reinforcements