Prev: Fleet reviews - IF, AE, FOR Next: Re: [SG2] Flamers

Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Michael T Miserendino wrote:

> The downside to the large size is losing the entire vehicle on a
single boom
> chit.  At my local game store we have experimented with using a
modifed boom
> chit use for large mechs.  The first boom chit drawn damages the mech,
the

Does a modular go boom on a boom? I thought only that module did.

> I plan to kitbash some Bolos soon and try using sizes 6, 7 and the
modular
> approach to model the different versions.  I haven't tried using
cybernetic
> tanks yet and not sure how the no-effect on confidence/reaction will
affect
> the game balance.  Has anyone here used cybernetic tanks yet?  If so,
how
> did the game go?

It would have a significant affect later on in the game. I think it
would
help out weigh the large size/easy target issues...

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Fleet reviews - IF, AE, FOR Next: Re: [SG2] Flamers