Prev: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Jovian formation

[FT]FSE Reinforcements

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:39:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [FT]FSE Reinforcements

Nice page, I do have one comment about something I doubt would
make it by the Admirals.

Some of these ships have far too much SM capacity for the number
of launchers.  12 spaces of SM's with 1 luancher in the Garibaldi
is rather extreme.  Combats rarely last long enough to get all
6 launched.  It would be a far better design if you dropped 4 mass of
storage and installed other weapons or added a second launcher.

The Colbert suffers from the same problem.  You can't really expect
a CE to survive long enough to launch 3 SM's, although I guess you
could have a standard loadout of 2 ERSM's.

My rule of thumb is Destroyers and smaller have SMR's.
Escort Cruisers and smaller get 2 turns of SM's.
BDN's and smaller may have up to 3 turns.
SDN's may have up to 4 turns.

Comments from the other FSE player(s)?

Roger

Prev: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Jovian formation