Prev: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night Next: [FT]FSE Reinforcements

RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:36:42 -0400
Subject: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP]

Michael T Miserendino wrote:

> Has anyone here used cybernetic tanks yet?  If so, how did the game
go?

When we were playing with Ogres in DSII, we treated the Ogre as if it
were a bunch of vehicles -- the primary batteries were MDC-4's with
Armor 4R, the secondary batteries were MDC-2's with armor 3R, and the
tread units were 4 or 6 slow-tracked vehicles with armor 5 (IIRC).
Each "vehicle" that made up the Ogre (except the treads) had
superior ECM and PDS systems.

The systems on the Ogre are targeted individually, and if you draw
a BOOM chit, you only destroy the individual system.

If the Ogre was alone on the battlefield, it usually died a
"death of a thousand cuts" as its capabilities were slowly whittled
away, but it was more deadly when mixed in with conventional forces.

--
Rick Rutherford
I apologize in advance for the junk appended to this message

======
10/07/99 10:36:43

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night Next: [FT]FSE Reinforcements