Prev: Help - need to find a font Next: OT: Aussie Uniforms

Re: FT-Mobile Suits

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 23:56:43 PDT
Subject: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

>The White Base was pretty lucky in several instances when Zion MS's got
>close. The Mobile Suits were generally more effective at close in
combat.
>They could have problems getting to a ship, but if they were able to
get
>there they were able to toast a ship pretty quick, Its like infantry
>close in on tanks, once they are right up close, you can't get your
guns
>to bear on your own craft to clean them off.
>
>Perhaps this is best represented by being both heavy fighter type and
>also having the following rule. The first turn mobile suits make an
>attack on a ship they are able subject to point defense. The following
>turns they may stay with the target ship no matter where it moves, on
>those following turns they are only subject to 6 results for PDS by the
>target ship. Escorting ships with ADAF may clean a friendly ship as
>normal for PDS.

I like this, though isn't firing at an MS on the hull just asking for
friendly fire damage?

>Modification of quality chits for figures to New Types anyone?
>Perhaps a dark scarlet (deeper than the red elites) quality chit with
say
>a base die of D20? Your forces can have one element crewed by
newtypes...

This I like, though how far do you take it.  What about Strengthening
Men -
those really nasty New Types.  Of course that brings into use the whole
Newtype Weapon thing.  Funnels, Fannels, Bits, Incom systems and the
like.
And of course there are always the huge Mobile Armours which are the
size of
small ships.

-- Eli

Prev: Help - need to find a font Next: OT: Aussie Uniforms