Prev: SGII scenario idea Next: Re: GZGverse stuff

Re: [FT] Jovian formation

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 20:31:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Jovian formation

Tom Anderson wrote:
> <arrogance>
> Bode's law does not represent any physical truth - it's a mathematical
> curiosity, as is the fact that the sun and moon have the same apparent
> size when seen from the earth.
> </arrogance>

	Well, I always liked to assume that was no coincidence,
	but rather an indication that Luna had been *moved*
	into position by some intelligent power that had
	a distressing amount of energy at its command.

	Ever read David Webber's THE ARMAGEDDON INHERITANCE?
	In that splendid space opera, Luna turns out to
	be a titanic mothballed interstellar dreadnaught
	camouflaged as a moon!

> mind you, i could be utterly wrong about this. i've got a memory like
> sieve of Eratosthenes - there's no way of predicting what it'll catch.

	On the contrary, it is perfectly easy to predict what your
	memory will catch.  Scads of prime numbers, of course. <grin>

Prev: SGII scenario idea Next: Re: GZGverse stuff