Prev: Re: FT-Mobile Suits Next: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Update

Re: FT-Mobile Suits

From: "Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave. Get some sleep." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 08:53:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

>After my hasty conversion of some gzg-DSII size 1 walkers to Mobile
Suits
>for FT we have...
>

>MOBILE THRUST for FT
>
>Mobile suits come as 2 types: GP (General Purpose) and AV (Assault
Vehicle)

>GP suits perform as a standard fighter as regards movement, but MUST
move
>into contact with the base of an enemy ship to attack. They are treated
as a
>HEAVY fighter for Point Defense and Dogfight purposes UNLESS attacked
by
>another Mobile suit, In which case the Dogfight is resolved as if they
were
>conventional fighters.
>
>AV suits perform as a standard fighter as regards movement, and has TWO
>modes of attack. It may use it's SRAM (Short Range Attack Missiles) at
any
>warship target in it's fwd 180 degrees and within 6". this is treated
as a 1
>die SUBMUNITION attack PER mobile suit in the squadron. This is a ONE
TIME
>ATTACK and hereafter the Mobile suit must attack by moving into contact
with
>the enemy vessel. The AV attacks as if it were an attack fighter. Point
>Defense and Dogfights treat AVs as if they were Heavy fighters, unless
the
>enemy is another Mobile suit, in which case the Dogfight is resolved as
if
>all mobile suits were standard fighters.
>

>Thoughts on points?

Curious as to the justification of treating the mobile suits as 'heavy
fighters' against PDS fire. Surely they are not as maneuverable as
fighters,
and surely they are not tougher than missiles, no?

Mk
-
"Now, please notify the Captain that I am here. I need to meet with him
and
the rest of the command staff ASAP. I...assume my usual quarters in the
brig
are available. I've grown so attached to the place."
				       -  Bester, 'Into The Fire',
Babylon 5

Prev: Re: FT-Mobile Suits Next: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Update