Prev: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex Next: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex

Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:55:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex

Excerpts from mail: 4-Oct-99 Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex by
UsClintons@aol.com
> > I have DSII and just bought SGII.  As a Californian,
> > I'm intrigued/amused by the inclusion of Free
> > Cal-Tex in the "official" universe.
> >
> > -Is there more information about this state in FT?
> > -Is there other info on this state (history,
> > government, military tech and OOB, etc)?
>
> Heck, I jus' figured that it was a natural progression of events from
today.
> The survival of the fittest and all that.
>
> I just figured Texas took over the entire Western hemisphere and then
decided
> to be it was too much trouble running the whole show and that we would
be nice
>  and give it all back...except California.  We never could forgive
them for th
> e '70s (and disco!)...  ;-)

Ah.

Well, I'd assumed that (as you said, in a natural progression of events
from today) Northern California subjugated SoCal by threatening to cut
off the water supply, and then lived in peace (except when all those
other countries tried to interfere with our serene and sophisticated
lifestyle) :)

Actually, I am curious about FCT's fluff ("official" background info).
Reading various pages, I came across a reference to the FCT flag being
red and blue with a white star (?) but nothing about OOB or technology
or doctrine or anything.

I would think that FCT would have high tech, especially EW (thanks to
Silicon Valley) along with a lot of infantry (big population).
Ethnically, it'd be a mix of Latino and Anglo, mostly.

Is FCT contiguous (does it include part of New Mexico)? or is it cut in
half?

Any history of wars with the LLAR?

Prev: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex Next: Re: GZG MINI+HIST:Free Cal-Tex