Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: GMS Air

Re: GMS Air

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:07:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GMS Air

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Andrew Martin wrote:

> Actually both Los and Ryan are right. Ryan's talking about the older
> laser guided Hellfire, while Los is talking about MMW Hellfire, which
> is Fire and Forget.

Ahh, I knew I was forgetting sommat. Is MMW hellfire SARH or ARH?

> I would much rather shoot jets with Sidewinder,

Sidewinder has the annular fragmentation warhead qued by the (IR, HF
radio or Laser depends on your AIM-9 Flavor) proximity that is going to
deal with a fast mover much better (Hellfire has a HEAT warhead and no
proximity fuse). I doubt Hellfire has the energy at range to deal with a

figher in a fast/tight turn.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: GMS Air