Prev: Re: Jets Vs Vtol Next: Re: Jets Vs Vtol

RE: ground combat and bombardment

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:21:40 +1000
Subject: RE: ground combat and bombardment

It comes down to what level of abstraction you want.  You can use a 5:1
or
10:1 scale to reduce the die rolls, but this would depend on the scale
of
the conflict.

For campaign play, my usual method of representing planets is to use a
MT
Sa'vasku ship using 1/2 PF results to allow for the lack of thrust.  It
works surprisingly well, especially when each point of damage you do to
the
planet means you have to pay to 'fix' the damage you just did to the
infrastructure after it's conquered...

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/

Against
> regular landers needs a 5-6, drop troops/hardened landers needs a 6,
roll
> normally against landing ships.  Let's call them, um, Planetary
Defense