Prev: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant Next: Re: SG2 Resin kits not avail in US

Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:52:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

Alan E and Carmel J Brain wrote:
> Yes, but it works in reverse too. I'm one of the people whose sight is
> shifted up an octave. So I can see the near UV. Alas, this means I'm
> Red-Orange colourblind, and have to be very careful near hot objects.
As
> far as I'm concerned, the rest of you see into the near-IR, and know
> that hot things glow. They have to be very hot for me to see them.
OTOH
> when other people are complaining about the day being dark due to
cloud,
> I have problems with excessive glare. And paintings of daisies don't
do
> them justice, they're not just white, they have blue-silver concentric
> markings.

	Facinating.

	I've heard that the human retina is sensitive to
	near UV, but the human lens is opaque to it.  Therefore,
	people who have had eye surgery to replace their lenses
	with plastic ones could suddenly see in the near UV.

	During WWII, allied spies in occupied France would go at
	night to the shore and signal with UV lamps.
	These would be invisible to hostile observers, but allied
	observers with lens surgery stationed in naval vessels
	offshore could record the signals.

Prev: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant Next: Re: SG2 Resin kits not avail in US