Prev: Re: Dirtside Rules Question Next: RE: Dirtside Rules Question

Re: Dirtside Rules Question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:21:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Dirtside Rules Question

David D. Taylor wrote:

>    I was playing a Dirtside game last weekend and my opponent (the
> lesser cheesy one) was using a tactic that left a bad taste in my
mouth.	> He was doing a "pop down" attack.  he would keep his copter
in high
> mode and drop down to attack, and then climb up again.

He has to drop down (Movement Action) & fire (Combat Action) in one
activation, then remain at Low until his next activation in which he
can climb back up again. However, I don't think he has to drop down in
order to attack - IIRC VTOLs can fire at ground targets from High, but
not get shot *at* except by LAD or ADS.

> He also fields tanks with 0 armor.

Soft-skinned tanks? They count as Powered Infantry when shot at by
infantry... they tend to die rather often IME. At least if they get hit
:-/

> Add to this the fact that I didn't win one dice role the whole game

This can kill anyone.

>    Short of fielding a AA battery is there any way to deal with a
force
> like this, or should I just not play against him anymore?

IMO, not using AA batteries when attacked by air assets is like
refusing to use depth charges when attacked by submarines in a WW1/2
naval game.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Dirtside Rules Question Next: RE: Dirtside Rules Question