Prev: Re: Aliens models and minis Next: Re: Aliens: Models and Minis, In defense of, ...

Re: Aliens: Models and Minis, In defense of, ...

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:28:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Aliens: Models and Minis, In defense of, ...

>I know that the Future Wars line had some resin apc's, as I believe
GZG/
>Geohex does, that could easily convert to a CM's. And a LOT cheaper
than
>trying to find the LEG lead version. Which I do have, but never
assembled.
>;->=

I have the lead one as well, and have even assembled it.  It's very
skinny,
and doesn't look quite right...but it works fine with the
slightly-smaller-than-25mm Denizen Mid-Tech Marines, who are dead
ringers
for the Colonial Marines.  For the Dropship and the APC, there were a
pair
of resin models available from Grendel a few years ago, and I seem to
remember hering something about them being re-released.  The APC is
great
-- not exactly like the Aliens version, but pretty darned close.  The
Dropship is quite nice, but is a lot smaller than the official one, and
does not have the wings.  Of course, I have the 1/72nd version, so I'm
content.

Just for the record, my page of Aliens-to-ShockForce conversions (
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/Marines.html )also includes a long
list
of figure/model suggestions....  I hope to get a scanner next weekend,
so
I'll be posting picutres of most of them soon.

Oh, and I just saw a review of a miniature ship that looks like the
crashed
Alien ship from the first movie -- the one piloted by "The Space
Jockey".
Tom Pope reviewed it on r.g.m.m.  Is he out there?  If not, I'll dig up
the
URL.  They look nice.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Aliens models and minis Next: Re: Aliens: Models and Minis, In defense of, ...