Prev: Re: [SG] Kravak in 25mm Next: RE: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

[EFSB, FT] Emines and beam costs

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:21:27 +1000
Subject: [EFSB, FT] Emines and beam costs

G'day guys,

Finally got my Narn fleet stuck together - you probably wondered what
all
that swearing was. Anyway spent the evening last night doing up some FT
compatible stats (I think) and was after some reasoning or comments on
the
cost and mass of e-mines and the capacitor-projector units, seeings as a
few of you have worked on conversions before.

One, I forget who's conversion it was, but one of you fine gentlemen
wrote
a good conversion (EFSB to FB) guideline that had the beam projectors at
mass 2 and cost 9 (instead of usual 3x for weapon systems) any reason
why?
Especially since the cost of the capacitor is 3xmass (mass = 3xcapacitor
rating) , which I like the sound of by the way.

Two, now on to E-mines. So far all the conversions I've seen have
E-mines
(launcher (1-arc) + 3 loads) at a mass of about 5. I was leaning more to
mass of 9 (3 for the launcher, 2 for each mine) as then its taking up
room
comparable to an SML - something that has the potential to do about as
much
damage. Does this seem way off to you guys, am I missing some
fundamental
reason as to why you guys dropped it to 5 mass in the past?

Thanks

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [SG] Kravak in 25mm Next: RE: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)