Prev: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Thanks!!

Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

From: bbrush@r...
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 01:11:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

Maybe so, but since they are obviously in use (in DSII), we can relieve
ourselves of the burden of justifying them and worrying about the
practicality
of implementation.  Isn't Jon a nice guy to take care of that?	:-)

Bill

>> And the other one is the Vehicular Defence Charge
>> (or APDC or whatever) - side mounted claymores
>> triggered by infantry moving within x" of the
>> vehicle.

I am of the firm opinion that these would be impractical.  Any ground
rock, tree
or other object that the AFV moved near would likely set them off if
they were
automatic.

If they were not automatic you might as well just mount a AGL on the
vehicle.
Again, just my 2 cents.

Prev: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Thanks!!