Prev: RE: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

From: bbrush@r...
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 01:07:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

Well I haven't painted it yet since it just came out of the wash and is
still in
many pieces.  Actually I was at the store today and picked up some
styrene
sheets which gave me some further "customizing" ideas, so it may be a
while
before it's in paintable condition.  I'm actually thinking of not only
having
the rear door open, but also having the top hull piece removable.
Inside
perhaps I'll have an infantry deck over the tank deployment area.

When I do get around to painting it, I'll probably paint it similar to
my NIR FT
fleet, which means various dark greens, with maybe a camo scheme.
Although camo
on something that dwarfs a city block might be, shall we say a trifle
ineffective?  :-)

BTW, I have also drilled out the forward fixed gun and I am replacing it
with
some brass tubing.  Oh and what do people think about telescoping
landing gear?
Cool or dumb?  I'm thinking something to take the shock of landing.

Thanks,
Bill

PERRYG1@aol.com on 09/24/99 08:39:38 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 To:	  gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 cc:	  (bcc: Bill Brush/InfSys/Revenue)

<<
 Anyway, a friend of mine gave me one of the Super-heavy dropships from
the
 micro-tac range, and I've got this uncontrollable urge to make it
"functional".
 To this end I have cut open the rear loading section and hinged the
drop
door,
 and I've cut open the hollow upper part of the hull to allow access
from the
 rear.	The tricky part is going to be hollowing the base suffiently.
:-)

I have the same kit (it's been waiting for me to get to it for a few
years).
I'm currious as to what paint scheme you used on yours?

Thanks,

Perry