Prev: Re: The Big Aussie Catamaran Next: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:56:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Mark Reindl wrote:

> Hmm, I don't know about shoulder-launched, but I do know that the US
Army
> deployed a tactical weapon in the 50's called the Davey Crockett.  It
was
> small enough to be (2) man-portable, but in order to fire it, the crew
had

It wasn't really a man portable system. My Gunston book on Rockets and
Missiles shows it as a largish RR mounted on a jeep. The Rocket was spin

stabilized and unguided.

A quick search yielded the following...

www.brook.edu/FP/PROJECTS/NUCWCOST/DAVYC.HTM

it was a 54 lb warhead with a yield of .01 to .02 kilotons. 10 tons of
TNT in other words.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: The Big Aussie Catamaran Next: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?