Prev: Re: [FT] Miniatures gallery update Next: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

From: "Phillip Pournelle" <emisle@e...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:06:59 -0400
Subject: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

-----Original Message-----
From: Los <los@cris.com>

>Don't carry the LCH analogy too far! We're talking AIR landing not
water
>landing.  Number one Marines don't drive LHA's up to contested landing
>beachheads UNDER fire and run them aground.

    Actually Marines don't drive ships and there are good reasons for
that.
Just look at those "marines" in Aliens.  They got their @$$ kicked.  As
former gator frieghter driver, I must say that we generally don't want
land in a heavily opposed area.  In fact, the advantage of an amphibious
force is that you opponent does not know where exactly you are going to
land
and must spread his forces out to oppose you.

Prev: Re: [FT] Miniatures gallery update Next: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing