Prev: [OT?] Bad Sim news -- B5 and SFC? Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

Re: Sandcasters [My version]

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:44:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan M Gill <monty@arcadia.turner.com>

>Id rather see them used as a smallish template that is placed on the
>table. One would get x number of templates for each load fired. say
three
>or for. If they were an oblong shape of say 3 inches by one inch they
>would represent the "smoke screen" they are meant to emulate.

You can simplify this quite a bit by saying the model or base of the
'casting ship' is the template and any fire passing through or under it
is
blocked.  This essentially rewards escorts moving very near the
protected
ship.  It's also simplified if the effect does not have a three turn
duration, but rather more uses.

Now, how about the 'wall of water' rear arc area effect weapon (a la
SStartide Rising) ?

Prev: [OT?] Bad Sim news -- B5 and SFC? Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]