Prev: Re: Knight Hawks Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

[OT?] Bad Sim news -- B5 and SFC?

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:26:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [OT?] Bad Sim news -- B5 and SFC?

Mark S. wrote:

[Snip bad news about Sierra]

> It has not been a good year for Babylon 5.

It seems to be a bad year for space combat (computer) games in general.
I went looking for StarFleet Command last weekend (release date here
was supposedly the 17th) to no avail. I asked about it and was told
that there's some form of copyright brangle going on which effectively
stops _any_ further Star Trek games from being released (!).

Considering that SFC is out in North America (I think), does this guy
know what he's talking about? And does anyone have any more information
on this?

Phil, as cheezed off as anyone about the B5 game.
"We gotta get out into Space / If it's the last thing we ever do!"
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet
A sentiment echoed by Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: Knight Hawks Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]