Prev: Repair hull/armour? Next: Re: Repair hull/armour?

Re: [FT] Real Shields - was: Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:07:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Real Shields - was: Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

Tim Jones wrote:

> >Actually, here's an idea.  (I haven't been following the
> >thread too closely,
> >so this might have been already mentioned, but...)
> >
> >We'll steal something from Traveller.  (I think it's from Traveller)
> >
> >SANDCASTER
>
> This was discussed years ago as the ablative particle shield derived
> from said Sandcaster. IIRC there were full rules for this, Mark
Siefert
> did them I think.

I vaguely remember these, but I thought they had different mechanics
involved.  What I'm thinking about isn't a shield for the generating
ship, but more like a smoke screen to protect other ships e.g.
dumping sand is like a ship generating a smoke screen, launching sand
is like a tank firing smoke grenades.

Or am I still thinking of something else entirely?

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Repair hull/armour? Next: Re: Repair hull/armour?