Prev: RE: Trouble gettin' stuff? [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:22:01 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

In a message dated 9/17/99 1:50:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
mshurtleff1@uswest.net writes:

<< >
 >If you want to draw on 'established' science fiction analogies, there
has
 >been no demonstration (short of physically interposing ships) of a
capability
 >to stop beam fire (be it lasers, blasters, phasers, etc) from one ship
 >another. So, I'm happy with the beam rules as they stand. :)

Actually it is quite within the realm of possibility to use gun or
missiles
to lay out a volume of (shall we say) ALGE  substances - anti-laser gas
emitter - a cloud of reflective particles that would play hob with
lasers
and such. If the particles are charged opposite the charge of particle
beam
they would indeed divert the trajectory of the beam fire. There are ways

within reach of modern tech to do this, so I find it easy to believe
that
futre tech would be able to do so as well.

Prev: RE: Trouble gettin' stuff? [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?