Prev: Re: railguns Next: ST Tactical Simulator

RE: SG non penetrating hits on size two and above vehicles

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:30:05 +1000
Subject: RE: SG non penetrating hits on size two and above vehicles

The size of the vehicle is irrelevant when it comes to infantry fire in
SG.
The important part is the vehicle's Armour, which is not always the
same.
Armour 0 or 1 is the equivalent of your average truck or steel plate
(respectively).
Small arms fire cannot hurt armour 2 or above (you could still suppress
the
target, but this has little effect on MBTs in SG).
With regard to non-penetrating hits, I think you could presume that the
drives and sensors have at least minimal armour to protect them from
small
arms (non-deflatable tyres, self sealing hoverskirts, armoured glass
etc),
but are no defence against anti-vehicle weapons.  The armour 0 & 1
vehicles
wouldn't bother with these systems to cut costs or not worry about
armouring
these areas more than the main body of the vehicle.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/