Prev: Re: Mid-point firing? Re: Random Firing in Phases Next: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:37:05 -0700
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

UsClintons@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/12/99 10:54:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
los@cris.com
> writes:
>
> > We know nothing about your custom made ORCS but then
> > when something gets said you go all defensive.
>
> Hmmm...don't feel defensive and sorry if I sounded like that.  Just
trying to
> 'stir' the debate.  It helps me to 'think things through'.

Sorry for misunderstanding on my part too.

> I will email you what little I have so far.  Be warned, it has been
> play-tested only a little so far and will probably need to be
'tweaked'.

> But all this talk of "play balance" (by you and others) has me
> wondering...how do you define that?  Really, I see play balance SOLELY
as a
> scenario to scenario issue.

Actually I should be slapped for even harping on play balance (If I did)
because
I am one that doesn't give two hoots about it. For example if you have
one squad
fighting a platoon, odds are they'll probably ended up forfeiting the
field.
However how well did they do relative to their size? Did they good a
give account
of themselves? Did they delay the enemy sufficiently. You get the
idea...  Though
balance in terms of  making the system work as it should is another
subject.

BTW regarding large ORC squads, are you making amends to the 2"/6" squad
integrity rule? IIRC models must be either 2" from the next squadmate of
within a
6" radius. You might want to consider changing one of those figures to
help cram
all the orcs together. Say like leaving the 2" rule (hell they love
company but
expanding the radius rule to some amenable figure to it your squad in.

Cheers...

Los

Prev: Re: Mid-point firing? Re: Random Firing in Phases Next: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation