Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: SGII Newbie Question

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: UsClintons@a...
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 12:46:50 EDT
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

> I guess it all comes down to what FP you assign the squads as well as
quality
> and leadership value. The value/danger of the Orcs lies in what
happens if
you
> let them get close to you. (I played a lot of EPic40k in my
day)...dampening or
> limiting the assaulting ORCS ability to conduct long range effective
fires...

Again I see what your are saying, but all this assumes that 'my' orcs
are
based upon what the current 40k orcs are.  This is not so.  I think the
closest orcs I have seen in another system would be perhaps what the 40k
orcs
were like in the original "Rogue Trader" (the only set of 40k rules I
have
ever used btw).

In the original 40k "Rogue Trader" orcs were fully capable of long-range

fire, high tech weapons (plasma, melta, etc.) It is my understanding
that in
the last two editions they have become much more close combat
specialized and
lost most of the high tech weapons.

I simply cannot reconcile the fact that somehow orcs discovered and use
faster than light travel daily (and everything that goes with it) and
yet the
about best weapon they use on the battlefield is a "Big Shoota"! :-))
Let
alone some of the ridiculous other items like jump packs that blow up
and
kill the wearer on a 1 in 6 with each use, etc.  Nope, my orcs are more
like
Klingons with REAL bad manners...that just happen to be green! :-))

But this is one of the best things about SGII.	Everyone can play their
game
the way the want and we all can be 'right'.

>  They better hope that the other side has no snipers!

Funny you should say that...  One of the limitations on the orcs is that
the
suffers significantly more when they lose a leader than humans.  Snipers
are
doubly effective against them.	But I think that a sniper in a platoon
sized
game should be very rare.

Thanks again for the feedback.

SC

Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: SGII Newbie Question