Prev: [OT] Lister Bio, was SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: SGII Newbie Question

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 22:58:16 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

UsClintons@aol.com wrote:

> I hear what you guys are saying but I don't really buy into it too
much.

> As recently Vietnam the US was using SQUADS of 13 men.  And although
you are
> right in that the smaller units give you increased flexibility.  There
is
> much to be said for being able to outgun your opponent in a
squad-squad or
> platoon-platoon confrontation...

Yeah that was what going on 30 years ago now? Keep in mind that the
current US
dismount for a mech rifle squad is just SIX guys. A light
infantry/ranger/airborne squads has nine but it fights and manuevers and
puts out
fire as seperate 4 man teams under the direction of their team leaders.

However the wrap around is a good way to go in that case, though it
might upset
game balance since the defensive dice were designed a certain way. Let
us know
how the playtesting comes out.

Los

Prev: [OT] Lister Bio, was SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: SGII Newbie Question