Prev: FT: pulse torpedo damage allocation Next: Re: FT: pulse torpedo damage allocation

Re: Sa'Vasku Point Value

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:40:48 +0200
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Point Value

Imre A. Szabo (BTW, is Szabo a common Hungarian name?) wrote:

> I didn't think people took any of my ideas serriously...

Haven't had time to look at them, I'm afraid. Playtesting - sorry, test
shooting - at work has kept me too busy for that.

> I've made a few minor changes to my Sa'Vasku rules...

[snip]

> Growth rates for BioShips is 10 mass or 10% of current mass,
> whichever is greater.  It costs 4 points per mass, and takes one turn
in
> which the ship can do nothing.

Um... does this mean that a ship can grow by tens of tons in ten
minutes? That's *lots* of energy, that is... at least if the old E=mc^2
applies to the SV :-/

> BioArmor for BioSpaceStations can be regernerated during play.  It
costs > 3 points of power per BioArmor circle regenerated and the
> BioSpaceStation can not have more BioArmor than its current Power
> Factor.

Hm. Depending on how large BSSs can become, this may or may not be a
problem. Brian Burger proposed counter-varying HP and energy (fragile
hulls had *lots* of energy) and regenerative abilities, which meant
that a stronger-hulled ship was pretty much unable to kill a
weaker-hulled one unless it did so in a single salvo... otherwise the
weaker-hulled ship out-regenerated the stronger-hulled one. As I said I
haven't looked at your rules, but it's something to watch out for.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: FT: pulse torpedo damage allocation Next: Re: FT: pulse torpedo damage allocation