Prev: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes Next: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

Re: Vector Movement

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:49:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not completely ineffective either. It
just
> doesn't give pinpoint accuracy. Odds are the enemy will know
approximately
> where you are, which is why it's a good idea to scoot.
>
> However, you generally cannot track an incoming round and immediately
> determine its exact point of origin for counterbattery fire.

Its my understanding that a good team and good equipment can have the
counter mission in the air before the observed red force rounds have
splashed.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes Next: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe