Prev: Re: premeasuring=holy wars Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)

Re: premeasuring=holy wars

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:40:51 GMT
Subject: Re: premeasuring=holy wars

>[snip early gamer horror story]
>
>Thank you for so eloquently proving my point. :)

I do try....  But I must admit: I do find it interesting how every
gaming
group has their own customs and taboos, ranging from the sensible ("The
infidel has placed his drink upon the Geo-Hex!	He must die!") to the
somewhat less sensible ("Maybe you haven't heard...but around these
parts,
anyone who blows on his dice before he rolls them is beaten
black-and-blue,
tarred, feathered, hanged, drawn, quatered, immolated, and then
mercilessly
mocked.  And then we use his ashes to give texture to the bases of our
figures.") .

As I mentioned, I have to make a mental readjustment when talking about
things like placing SLM salvos -- average speed in an FT game around
here is
between 7 and 10 inches.  The really daring folk sometimes push it to as

high as 15 before they slam into an asteroid.  Anyone moving at 30 would

simply be waved to as they left the board, and told that he can re-enter
the
playing field in another 1d6 turns.  I can't quite get used to these
people
who routinely use very high speeds.

John Crimmins	john1x@hotmail.com   johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
    Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: Re: premeasuring=holy wars Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)