Prev: FMA Skirmish guns and grenades Next: Miniatures vs Fleet book

Re: Inches versus CM (was Re: Vector Movement)

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:48:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Inches versus CM (was Re: Vector Movement)

I've played in both inches and centimetres and prefer to play in inches.
It's only a preference and others will prefer centimetres, but I find
that
small scale gives high speeds which leads to brief battle passes and
short
exchanges of fire.

Also, the miniatures can get awfully close together in inches or
centimetres.  In centimetres, moving two ships so they'll physically fit
can
make a big difference to the game (say 4 or 5 cms; a lot against salvo
missiles or pulse torpedoes, potentially significant against beams).  In
particular, GW and AOG miniatures are almost too big for inches scale,
as
are the very largest and broadest GZG miniatures (FSE fleet carrier, NAC
superdreadnought, etc.).

Prev: FMA Skirmish guns and grenades Next: Miniatures vs Fleet book