Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: [SG2] templates

Re: Vector Movement

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:08:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> Sure. Unfortunately my opponents usually fly at speed 20+ (OK, 14-20
> with the thrust-2 barges) instead of being immobile, which makes this
> example look like someones' wet dream in my eyes -/ (Um, yes - I'm an
> anorak, at least mentally. Didn't you know? <G>)
>
> I've seen a target moving at less than speed 8 only once the last
year,
> and that was a space station...

How big a table do you fight/fly on?  If I tried speed 20+, I'd
be off the edge of the world in five turns...

Maybe that's something that should be looked at.  It's harder to
balance systems when game velocities can average < 15 for one group,
and then be > 20 for another group.  High relative speeds in cinematic
can really mess up SMLs, as has been observed on the list.

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: [SG2] templates