Prev: Re: [FT] SM Magazines Next: GenCon! Day 1.

Re:counter sheet back-up

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:59:27 -0700
Subject: Re:counter sheet back-up

I've got big plans for when I get my scanner online. I"m thinking a
CD worth of counter and map scans, probably in VMAP format or
somesuch. I've probably bid against you on eBay once or twice.
Everybody scan and archive your old games for posterity ! Bonus
points for running OCR on the rules.

At 7:01 PM -0400 8/5/99, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:
>I have many ancient SF boardgames in which I foolishly stored the
>counters in leaky envelopes.  Many counters were lost.
>
>Recently, I have been getting spare copies of many of these games
>from EBay, in order to give my nephew the benefits of playing really
>cool games that went out of print before he was born.
>
>The thought occured to me, as I gazed on their unpunched splendor, that
>here was a rare opportunity.
>
>I've got a reasonably high resolution flatbed scanner for my computer
>( an HP ScanJet 4C ) and a reasonably high resolution printer
>( an Epson Stylus Color 600 ).
>
>A quick scan of both sides of the sheet, two print-outs, and
>some work with cardboard, glue, and scissors, and now I
>have a nice set of replacement counters!
>
>If you use the glossy printer paper, the counters look like they
>are made of plastic.  Nifty.
>
>A pity the maps are so big.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: [FT] SM Magazines Next: GenCon! Day 1.