Prev: [FMA] Full Metal AAR Next: Re: [OT] The Ythri

Re: [FT] Vector Move question

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 18:34:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector Move question

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk>

>> Elementary Physics Lesson #1: You Can't Outrun a Laser.
>
>Advanced Physics Lesson #1: Oh Yes You Can

And Postgraduate Physics Lesson #1: Jump to Hyperspace, Frank!

(snip really fascinating article)

This brings to mind that I've heard of a mirror which will bounce a
laser
back in the direction it came from, regardless of the angle--I thought
it
was a "cognate mirror" but search engines don't seem to find it by that
name
so I may been mistaken.  Does anyone know the location of a basic
article on
this? (Obligatory dragging in a topic: maybe this would make good PSB
for a
Reflex Field?)

Tom also suggested a Full Thrust Physics Primer, which I will happily
host
on my site under the name "Physics for Space Cadets".  Anyone who wishes
contribute an article is welcome--I already have the basic equations for
linear acceleration and such, but I don't mind posting different
viewpoints
of the same  topic.

For both subjects above, e-mail me at deboe@quixnet.net

Prev: [FMA] Full Metal AAR Next: Re: [OT] The Ythri