Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results Next: Re: What does FMA stand for?

Re: [GZG-L] Request for comments and information

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:16:35 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG-L] Request for comments and information

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/20/99 2:34:10 PM EST, journeyman2000@juno.com
writes:

> <<
>  Hi all.  I'm currently working on a Napoleonic Age of Sail variant on
FT.
>   I'm trying to find out how fast gunners in that age could reload
cannon
>   >>

> 2-3 minutes for a long gun depending on how good the crew is. 1/2 to
2/3 of
> that for a columbiad or carronade.

this is a bit OT, but educational: could someone explain to me what a
'columbiad' is? i sort of assumed it was an epic journey to Columbia,
probably written in iambic pentameter :).

i note that there is a steampunk story by Stephen Baxter called
'Columbiad' in which a bunch of yankee gun manufacturers build a
space-gun
and send a man to Mars. the name just acquired more meaning for me!

tom

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results Next: Re: What does FMA stand for?