Prev: What does FMA stand for? Next: Re: What does FMA stand for?

RE: FMA Skirmish test results

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:59:07 +1000
Subject: RE: FMA Skirmish test results

The 90 degree marker sounds like a fair compromise. How best to
implement is
as you point out likely to cause debate between players. Although
probably
less than you might think. Consider the fairly loose interpretation that
occurs with SGII curently regarding where the 'centre' of a squad is for
targeting or measuring range bands or when it is/is not in cover.

We've adopted an unofficial house rule - the rule of Worst Consequence
that
works really well and tends to take the sting out of most arguments. It
works along the lines of any 'arguable' decision opting for the absolute
worst outcome to effect any involved troops on the table; are these
troops
actually in range band 2 or 3? Oh dear it's got to be range band 2! In
LOS
for the shot? You bet!

But back to the angle; another option would be to mark a 'facing' on the
base but then players may not wish to deface the fine effort they've put
into flocking their figures base already. Similarly, mounting figures on
square or hexagonal base to display facing would be good but not for
those
who would need to rebase. So, in conclusion I think a 1" counter
displaying
the arc would probably be best.

Owen G

Big SNIP