Prev: Historicon Sunday? Next: Re: Top Ten Reasons to Attend GZG-ECC III

Re: [FT] Ship morale

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:12:00 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship morale

At 09:36 AM 7/20/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day guys,
>
>>Using the "Strike
>>the flag" mechanic you lose the ship on a 5+ on a d6, although someone
stated
>>that he thought you only checked on the 2nd and 3rd threshold checks.
>>Apparently nobody uses that rule though.
>
>I always knew I wasn't somebody, but did you have to confirm I was a
>nobody? ;)
>For what its worth we use the stirke the colours rule all the time
(though
>we play it as if checking for a critical system) and its a lot of fun -
its
>not like the SDN surrenders very often, but the odd couple of times one
has
>have been pure magic! The groans, the gnashing of teeth.... ;)

Don't worry Beth!  You're not the only "nobody" on this list! ;-)  My
friends and I have been playing "Strike the Colours" as a Core System
since
we first played using the Fleet Book and it is superb fun to use.  As
you
say, its not often that a ship surrenders, but it makes for an
interesting
game when they do, especially that Superdreadnought or fleet carrier
that
surrenders after the first Colours check.

-Kelvin....

	 "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."

Prev: Historicon Sunday? Next: Re: Top Ten Reasons to Attend GZG-ECC III