Prev: RE: [OT] Crimson Skies [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Ship morale

Re: [FT] Ship morale

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:09:54 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship morale

In a message dated 7/19/99 9:11:49 AM EST, books@mail.state.fl.us
writes:

<<
 That's fine, but while the fleet is in good shape we shouldn't be
 making morale rolls for each ship.  If you want to make a "fleet"
 morale roll, and if broken start rolling for individual ships that
 would work,  >>

Notice I was speaking of "sauve qui peut" situations, not pristine
fleets
splintering apart. Though I wonder if the slow development time of a
battle
under sail did not allow the captains and crews time to ponder their
situation and make a "rational" decision. When ships disengage under
steam
too often the whole situation is lost and the ships CANNOT escape
anyway,
i.e.: The light cruisers at the First Falklands, any number of surface
engagments in the second world war.

Perhaps morale should take effect before the engagment begins, and
individual
ships should be checked when the Gods of war do not favor the individual
ship.

Prev: RE: [OT] Crimson Skies [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Ship morale