Prev: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns Next: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

Re: SHotguns!

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:56:24 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: SHotguns!

	Greetings!

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> I've seen a broken firing pin once, I've seen a few cartridges torn in
> half by ejectors, I've seen triple feeds.... (that was a pain to
> clear) and I've seen actions just jam open...

<shudder>
 :)

> As an aside - for you Americans - people keep talking about loading 30
> rounds into M-16 mags. Up here our rifle team guys load 28 rounds to
> ensure better feeding. Is it the fact we Canucks re-use the disposable
> mags?

	That makes sense.  A big problem with feeding is the quality of
the spring in the mag.	It may be the Canuck propensity for re-using
*disposable* mags <g>, or it may just be a good idea.

	One of the recent articles in one of the gun journals had a good
analysis on mags and capacity, focusing on police use.	They recommended
*low* capacity, expensive mags as they did not jam or misfeed anywhere
*near* the level that cheap high capacity mags did.  Some of the cheap
high cap 9mm mags actually FELL APART during some of the tests. :(

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns Next: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA