Prev: Re: [FMA] Shotgun spread, was Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version Next: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

Re: [FMA] Shotgun spread, was Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:24:43 EDT
Subject: Re: [FMA] Shotgun spread, was Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version

In a message dated 7/14/99 9:28:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
voivode@voyager.net writes:

<<
     I'll tell you what, I will be travelling home this weekend and I
will
 get out my brothers double barrel 12 Gauge and my single barrel pump 12
 gauge and I will shoot up some sheets of plywood with various loads at
 various ranges this weekend and tell you what happens. That way we can
see
 what its effect really is.  I will measure them for everyone's benefit.
 However I will not be able to test the sawed off properties as my
family and
 I are law-abiding citizens and sawed-offs are illegal in the U.S. (well
at
 least under a certain length anyway, 32" or so I think, I may be wrong,
I've
 never wanted to ruin one of my guns that way).

I believe the legal limit for barrel length is 18". No one has mentioned
the
use of shot spreaders, here. So a quick note: Shot spreaders are meant
funnel the shot in a horizontal line so that it covers a wider area but
shot
does not go inordinately higher or lower. The rationale is if you spread
it
from side to side it might hit more than one target but shot that hits
the
ground or flies over the target's head is of no practical use.

Prev: Re: [FMA] Shotgun spread, was Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version Next: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns