Prev: Re: [URL's] Re: Gothic Thrus Next: FMA Range Thoughts

Re: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 06:38:12 +1000
Subject: Re: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

Rick Rutherford wrote:

> On 7/14/99 9:57 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> > >Why do rifles have maximum ranges in the FMA Skirmish rules?
> >
> > Mainly 'cos giving most weapons a LOS range capability does not work
> > well in game terms. It kills movement and makes every game a turkey
> > shoot. However, see the range ideas I've just posted to the list a
few
> > minutes ago.....

Unlimited weapon range does work very nicely in Crossfire (a set of WW2
squad level rules)  What you do is have LOTS of terrain so sight lines
are not very long.

> > Jon (GZG)
>
> Okay, so why not extend the range bands to include an "extreme range,"
> with a d4 chance of hitting, and a range of 48", or long + 24"
(whichever
> is longer)?
>
> One of the reasons I'm still arguing about this is that I can just see
> the next episode of Murphy's Rules:
>
> "In the FMA Skirmish system, the maximum range of a shotgun is 18
yards!"
> :)

(chuckle)
--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
http://www.users.fl.net.au/~bcadwgan/homepage.htm

Prev: Re: [URL's] Re: Gothic Thrus Next: FMA Range Thoughts