Prev: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA Next: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:47:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

At 02:35 PM 13/07/99 -0400, you wrote:

>>I don't want to pop anyone's bubble but special ops troopers DO run
out of
>>ammo in prlonged firefights. That's because eventually you always
shoot
>>yourself dry, if you have to keep on shooting. So some kind of
carrying
>>capacity is going to come into question in some circumstances
>>

>Oh sure - I don't think we have the idea that somehow spec ops guys are
>invincible, never run out of ammo, etc etc.

To respond to myself - I meant to add that:

Special ops' guys would be less likely to run out of ammo in their
current
magazine by mistake - they would be more likely, given their extra
training, experience, ability, etc, to keep more clear track of what was
going on in a fight, and be aware of things like ammo remaining.  A
total
newbie in his first fight is much more likely to burn through ammo fast
and
not keep track of what is in his weapon at the moment.

In the end, we suggested that veteran and elite troops should NOT be
immune
to the effects of the snake-eyes roll ammo outage as I suggested.  They
are
far less likely to suffer from it and will be faster recovering from it
simply by virtue of the fact that they are better - and this is built
into
the system.

Adrian Johnson
ajohnson@idirect.com

Prev: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA Next: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA