Prev: Re: List Server Problems Next: I'll do it! Re: List Server Problems

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:28:58 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Jerry wrote:

> >Perhaps the following could be used: Weapons are rated not in how
many
> >rounds of ammunition but how many fire actions they have.  Just keep
> >small stack (1-4) of chits with each soldier.  Once they're out, they
> >need to spend 1 action reloading (they are considered to have
infinite
> >reloads however).
>
> ooohh...this is getting scary.   You realize that the amount of
amunition
> and reloads would change acording to the quality die.   That untrained
> militia would shoot up his ammo quicker than that grizzled veteran.

Probably, but I wouldn't actually go that far in the recordkeeping.
Just set a number of fire actions per weapon (or even weapon type) and
stick to that.	There are already penalties for quality of troops, no
sense putting them in twice.

> I think kthis is a BIT over the top....

Maybe, but no more than the optional ammo rule that already exists in
SG2 for heavy weapons.	If I was controlling 5-10 figures I wouldn't
mind keeping track of ammo that way.  Still, I'll concede that it should
probably go into the optional rules section.

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: List Server Problems Next: I'll do it! Re: List Server Problems