Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: balancing Fighters

RE: More Fighter questions

From: Neal Kaplan <NKaplan@S...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:53:43 -0700
Subject: RE: More Fighter questions

Just to jump in here, getting caught with their fighters on
deck is exactly what cost the Japanese navy a few carriers
at Midway. All that fuel and ammo sitting on the deck
certainly didn't protect the ship.

This is just off the top of my head, but maybe the fighters
could be something like "available targets," in that if a
carrier is caught with exposed fighters, a mini-threshold
check is made for each hit to the ship. On a 6 (or 5-6), a
fighter is also hit, destroying the fighter and doing some
extra damage to the carrier itself.

-Neal

[snip]