Prev: "offical" (fleet book) ship designs Next: [ft] gothic thrust index

Re: "official" (fleet book) ship designs

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 01:53:42 -0700
Subject: Re: "official" (fleet book) ship designs

At 03:47 AM 7/4/99 -0500, you wrote:

I have been playing Full Thrust for a couple years now (or at least
using
the basic system)
But, I never paid much attention to the ships in the books.
I finally purchased the Fleet book and have recently played a few games
using FT "offical" minis and ships stats. (NSL ships)

I have one serious comment / concern:
	Why would a nation build a ship with 5 different weapon systems
with only 1 fire control?
I could understand 2 (or maybe 3 in an extreem case) weapons to use as
back
up systems for when weapons are knocked out, but 5 (Kronprinz light
cruiser)?
In my experience a ship will be completely distroyed long before it
looses
all of it's weapon systems.  Is this just to show poor German design
<ha> ?
or... i dunno any insite?

Has anyone thought about allowing all weapons to fire every turn, and
using
fire control as the number of different ships that can be targeted.
example:  5 batteries + 2 fire controls = 5 batteries on 1 target, or 3
on
one 2 on another, etc... (assuming the target is in the proper firing
arcs)

Thanks in advance + my $0.02

Christopher
<<<<

Umm - Chris?  That's the way it works *now*.  With the exception of
certain
weapons systems (like pulse torps) that specifically state they require
the
entire use of a FireCon, each FireCon allows you to fire at a separate
*target*.

You might want to re-read Page 7 of the main Full Thrust rulebook. :-)

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
      The Gear Locker - http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear
	  Full Thrust - http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: "offical" (fleet book) ship designs Next: [ft] gothic thrust index