Prev: RE: Stargrunt Next: Re: "official" (fleet book) ship designs

"offical" (fleet book) ship designs

From: "Chris !!!" <cmccurr@t...>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 03:47:08 -0500
Subject: "offical" (fleet book) ship designs

I have been playing Full Thrust for a couple years now (or at least
using the basic system)
But, I never paid much attention to the ships in the books.
I finally purchased the Fleet book and have recently played a few games
using FT "offical" minis and ships stats. (NSL ships)

I have one serious comment / concern:
	Why would a nation build a ship with 5 different weapon systems
with only 1 fire control?
I could understand 2 (or maybe 3 in an extreem case) weapons to use as
back up systems for when weapons are knocked out, but 5 (Kronprinz light
cruiser)?
In my experience a ship will be completely distroyed long before it
looses all of it's weapon systems.  Is this just to show poor German
design <ha> ? or... i dunno any insite?

Has anyone thought about allowing all weapons to fire every turn, and
using fire control as the number of different ships that can be
targeted.  example:  5 batteries + 2 fire controls = 5 batteries on 1
target, or 3 on one 2 on another, etc... (assuming the target is in the
proper firing arcs)

Thanks in advance + my $0.02

Christopher

Prev: RE: Stargrunt Next: Re: "official" (fleet book) ship designs