Prev: Re: FT: Star Trek designing Next: Re: Core Systems Thresholds

Re: FT: Star Trek designing

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:16:25 -0400
Subject: Re: FT: Star Trek designing

John Leary wrote:

> > Gads!  Sounds clever!  Was the other player peeved?
> XXXX
>      What a nice polite way of putting it.   JTL

I bet that room had an elevated temperature for a while!  8-D

> XXX
>
> > What was the rule?
> XXX
>      Oops!   Knew I forgot something.
>      The addition/correction states that no person may be beamed
> off a ship/fighter without the permission of the person (player)
> about to be beamed.
>
> Bye for now,
> John L.
> > Donald Hosford

That sounds like you have to ask someone's permission to fire weapons at
them.
Someone in the nexus mag said it best:	"Use everything!  You paid for
it!"

Those players (those on the old ADB) had a habit of designing a new rule
after they got trashed.  The Mauler weapon in SFB is supposed to be the
result of one of the designers getting trashed in a Tholian Web.

One of the hardest things in game design is to resist making a change
after you have lost a game...I have messed up one of my own game designs
that way.  (Which makes me madder than the game I lost.)

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: FT: Star Trek designing Next: Re: Core Systems Thresholds