Prev: Re: Campeign Next: Re: FT: ST designing

Re: [FT] Lucky shot.

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:30:25 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Lucky shot.

"Izenberg, Noam" wrote:

> This is for those that both like and hate the luck factor in FT,
depending
> how you use it. (I personally _don't_ like it, and don't use things
like FB
> core systems because of that).
>
> At the start of any FT scenario each side gets a small number (1-n
depending
> on the scenario and the players - random-o-philes can use a die rolls
or
> two) of Luck points. Campaign games could use extra luck points to
model the
> effects of seasoned crews. Ace fighters actually use an analogy of
this
> system already.
>
> A luck point can be spent to modify _any_ die roll by +1 or -1. Any
amount
> of luck can be used on a single die - up to the players current toatal
> available. Only the rolling player may modify his dice. Luck is a
finite
> resource during a scenario, and once its used, its gone.
>
> Now _there's_ drama.

Nice concept, but is +- 1 lucky enough ? How about allowing the player
re-roll the result in question if he doesn't like it ? If your SDN
rolling 20+
dice at close range has a batch of 1s and 2s (it happens) then use up a
luck
point at roll the lot again (all of them mind - even the 6s). This means
that a
player can take a chance on making things better, but then again things
could
always get worse ...

Tony

Prev: Re: Campeign Next: Re: FT: ST designing