Prev: Re: FT: Star Trek designing Next: Re: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site

Re: Starbase assault

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:00:15 +1000
Subject: Re: Starbase assault

G'day guys,

>>The offense came in with a 10:1 superiority,
>> almost all very heavies,
>> superdreadnoughts and such, as well
>> as assault carriers.  They still
>> got whacked, badly....

> Easily remedied, sounds like the mass limits
> need to be upped.

This sounds like a potentially common problem with a fleet vs a starbase
(i.e. it could be hard to balance the first time you try it). Derek was
involved in a scenario which was an assault on a starbase while back now
and balance appeared to be the problem there too. Basically there was a
starbase based on that from the MT rules vs about 6000 pts (maybe it was
8000?) of FB ships (mainly NSL and ESU I think). The problem was that
the
beyond a couple of threshold checks on one sector (a MT missile barge
had
let loose) the fleet did little beyond a few dents here and there. The
scenario was a good idea I just think there needed to be a few more
ships
or a slightly smaller starbase if the fleet was to have a real chance of
taking the place, either that of the fleet should have taken some
dedicated
trrop carriers and had some MAJOR boarding actions... guess we'll know
for
next time.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: FT: Star Trek designing Next: Re: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site