Prev: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Style and FB2 Next: RE: Missile counter measures.

Re: Another Camoflage Question

From: PERRYG1@a...
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:19:04 EDT
Subject: Re: Another Camoflage Question

<<
 How much do cammo schemes vary between different vehicles in the same
 force?  And by same force, I mean tanks that are deployed side-by-side,
not
 just in the same army.  Would in be unheard of to have some tanks in
cammo,
 and some in just a base coat?

Historically, it has depended on the what was available to paint the
vehicles
with and where the painting was being done. WWII German armor cammo
paint
jobs were often done in the field or at maintenance depots. Regulations
were
published as to what cammo pattern was to be used but how they was
interperted and applied depended on how much paint was available. Some
of the
paints had to be thined prior to application. In many cases the only
thiner
available was gasoline. If given a choice (particularly late in the war)

between fuel for combat operations and conformance to the latest cammo
regulations, I would think that you may well run into situations in
which
units may not have had uniform paint jobs between vehicles.

Perry

Prev: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Style and FB2 Next: RE: Missile counter measures.