Prev: PT boats & Battle Riders Next: Re: OT Lehrer

small vs large ships

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:24:56 -0400
Subject: small vs large ships

My impression so far is that small ships are not worth it.
I designed a thrust-8 class-4 beam-armed (FS,AS) ship at mass
50, points 162 and flew three of them with another ship vs
2 BC-BB sized ships.  The enemy had level-2 screens which made
the class-4 fairly impotent.  They concentrated on the larger
ship (they didn't like the 8 pulse torpedoes) because the trio
weren't that effective.  I had designed a mass 100 ship with
2 class-4s and it had a couple of defense systems also (class-1s
or PDS).  I think I like the larger ship over 2 smaller
ones, or in the example a mass 150 ship instead of the three.

Glen

Prev: PT boats & Battle Riders Next: Re: OT Lehrer